Allesandro


When I enter my favourite cafe of the village my favourite table is free, by the window close to the counter, where my favourite barman, Allesandro, makes me a fine cappucino. I open the newspaper and start my daily Italian 'class'. The first six pages of 'la Republica', a big national newspaper, are headed 'Crisi Finanzaria'. I read articles about the protest against the fuel prices: 1,80 p/l ; Protest against the TAV, the European train which is to make a bridge between East and West ; And delicacy of the month, the 'Costa-Concordia', a 21st Century Satire on the Titanic. She crashed 60 miles from here due to the Berlusconian arrogance of the captain, Francesco Schettino. The people from Fezzano seem to react rather nonchalant as if it were truely a tragi-comedy. The scenario is indeed a rather ridiculous one, very 21st Century. The vessel hits a rock just in front of a tiny little Island, which the captain intends to approach as close as possible in order to be able to wave to the family of one of the crew-members. When the drama takes off the first thing the Captain does is calling his mother and tell her that he's in trouble. And when a state of emergency is declared hero Schettino jumps in one of the life-boats and saves himself first. Flash-backs of the downfall of the Roman Empire. Great metaphor for today's European Crisis: Let's safe ourselves first, even if we're the captain, politician, bank-president...

I ask Allesandro to explain me what I read, for my Italian isn't as good as my Latin;-) And his English isn't as good as his Italian. We discuss the news like little children do and soon we forget about satires and tragedies. We listen to the radio, he makes me another 'cappucio' and I study his hands while he prepares a sandwich for a little boy who comes in running after school. These hands ... tenderly opening a foccacia, holding the knife, slicing a tomato and wrapping the bread into a paper bag ... I must confess I'm a bit obsessed by these hands, dancing in the kitchen, preparing food with love for women, children and the old people of the village. 'The bull within the man was killed', as Kazuo Ono, the legendary Japanese Butoh-dancer would have said. Meeting an Allesandro in Italy, where most men nowadays, to my opinion, still try to play the vintage role of macho man in the style of superhero Schettino, is a miracle to me.

I come back as much as I can to enjoy the coffee, the sandwiches and the hands of Allesandro. The night before I leave I write him a poem, which I give him the next morning during breakfast ... I tell him I like him very much and I think he's a special and beautiful man. His cheeks color red and as he bends towards me he says: "I am very sorry, but I am already engaged." Too sweet to be true!


Allesandro

Cappucino crema radio republica ochi neve demanda
Tu mani que faccen la focaccia apperitivo spritz tua sorella papa
Tomate verde Musicila altro café ochi silenzio demanda rosso
Jovedi cuisata… dov’e Allesandro? La Campania, longi de tutti
Calma tranquila con su amore o solo..,, no lo so.,.
Jovedi sin cappucio sin Allesandro, ma domani,,… Aspeto guardo suonio
Tu mani que faccen un sandwich per un bambino dopo la escuola
Spremuta de arrancia bomboloni e tutti il paese gli libri di mare
Ciao Buongiorno telefono radio rutina baile de movimiento de tutti gli giorni
Piu bello piu soave piu erotico gli mani movimienti e voce di Allesandro
Musa de Fabula en Februario 2012 Fezzano


Un Giudice de Andre (mp3) Un Blasfemo de Fabrizio de Andre (mp3)

Popular Posts