Bye Bye Fort Alegria aan de Amstel!

Bueno, I have to start packing all my house in boxes, since I'm gonna leave my most beloved little palace by the 1st of July to move into the boat. It feels quite surreal to leave this place. Together with my best friends I lived here for a year (I have always been a wanderer, even in the city-life. I've never stayed on one place for longer than a year;). It used to be an old factory and it's huge. We use it for living and working-space. I have my atelier next to my bedroom, which is great! That way I could float each morning smoothly from dream into creation. We live just out of town, on a little piece of green land. A woman who once came to visit us, said that this place reminded her of Surinam (at least one little bit of freedom in this crowded city). Swings and hammocks dance between the old trees in front of the house. This lovely house with my most beloved friends. I'm gonna miss you!

Popular Posts