the pirates island in the midst of oysters n weeds

Aki estamos....

I arrived to Sete, the South, The Sea... and I found the Pirate's Island!!! I can't give u the exact coordinates for it's a fine treasure of golden pirate's thread which is to be found by each individual freedomseeker ;-)
I made my arrival together with the famous Mistral. The lake was still calm though we were rocking n being blown away by the freezing Northerly wind. I arrived at sunset and was being welcomed by Salome, a pretty stunning lady pirate of 7 years old. She planted her cat, Ubu, named after Ubu Roi, on my bow and she helped me parking my nose in the wind. We were save for the night... I turn off the engine with tears in my eyes, for I got so damn addicted to my lovely vintage veteran who had brought me so far, n I knew she wouldn't be running for a while, for we had arrived ... n miss Rana was now to be prepared for the sea.
All around me clappering misty masts n wooden hulls, ships with character n a wild ocean history. Tough faces await me on the shore n I'm being invited for a warmest welcome ritual on board of the village eldest, Sir Do, stone sculpturer on his self made wooden floating palace.... Wine joints n Jeanne Morreau dance around the table, Salome recites a lovepoem by Prevert, we all listen carefully, silently, respectfully for this is a spoken truth... about how love comes and goes... which Salome does not yet understand but recites as if she were the most experienced lover of us all, though her voice so innocent... which encourages the older pirates to keep on loving... even though she never stays... this uninvited, ever sought, dreamed witch called love. N tonight I am the unexpected guest n we celebrate this new love brought by the Mistral under a clear black sky. And this was only the first night.



Cet amour de Jeanne Moreau (mp3)

Popular Posts